Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 22 Duchense, UT to Naples, UT to Dinosaur, CO LOL

So today we woke up at 6am and had our breakfast. We then did a double paceline for a while to get out of town and then we went off on our 95 mile ride from Duchense, UT to Dinosaur, CO.

It was a long and boring ride after the first 20 miles.  Though after 65 miles one of the guys chains popped off and the derailer was messed up.  Then I was standing around and then just started feeling light headed. When the Project Manager came to figure out his chain situation he told me that I should just rack my bike the rest of the ride as the road we had been on was really really heavily trafficked  with trucks and he didnt want me falling over or swerving out into traffic so the last 27 miles I rode in the van.

From what I was told by the PM and the guys that went the whole way was that the last 27 miles were just extremely hot and deserty and really not pleasant at all.  My PM said it wouldnt be worth it to risk my health for those few miles

So we got into Dinosaur and went and got some milkshakes and then setup and showered and changed.

We were then fed dinner by the locals here and it was really good. Tomorrow we are off to Craig, CO and hopefully it will be a better day


Have a good night

Peace, Love, and Dinosaurs
White "DJ" Doug

1 comment: