Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 14 Eureka to Ely (The day of the crazy wind)

So today we got to wake up a little later 6am as opposed to 5:30 yay. We woke up and got ready like we normally do and got outside for a wonderful Crew Chief breakfast.

We had all circled up and got prepared for the day. As usual people who leave stuff in the vans at the end of the day have to dance for everyone to get their stuff back so that was cool especially since today two of the crew members (Sam and Kyle) had to dance for us.

We left out about 7am and the first few hills weren't that bad but after a while it got a little more intense.  The ride was only 80 miles which isnt bad considering we did kirkwood which was 12k feet of climb and we did a 111 mile day but the issue today was the wind.

The wind was so strong and it was always in front of us.  We were headed down about a 3% grade and had to push hard to get down the hill the winds were so strong. I swear if I stopped peddling the winds would have pushed me up back up the hill.

I rode with Beau today and he really helped push me and we even finished first today which was crazy as I havent ever been in first let alone finish first. It was pretty amazing.

So we got in and once again lodging was at the top of the tallest hill in the city but it felt good to get to lodging.  We were welcomed by a few of the high school students and one of the faculty. They chatted with us for a while and then served us carne asada steak tacos which were fantastic.

Afterwards we all introduced ourselves and thanked them for having us here and then some of the guys went out to watch Man of Steel in the theater where as I sat in with my internet and uploaded all of the videos I was waiting for.

I am going to go get a McDonalds snack and then head to bed.

Have a good night



Peace, Love and Tacos
White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment