Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 11 Carson City to Fallon

So today we woke up OMG so early lol. We woke up at like 4:30am to my music as I am DJ Doug:)

We woke up early as the Kiwanis club was feeding us a pancake breakfast. They had pancakes, Sausage, fruit and all kinds of stuff.

We then went back to the high school to take a picture and then we headed out for the first part of highway 50 also known as "The Loneliest Road"  We rode for about 65 miles from Carson City, NV to Fallon, NV.  

We got there really quick and then once we got our lunch and into the gym for lodging I showered and took a nap. I was really tired since I got 4 hours of sleep the night before.

At about 6pm we went to a local convention center where the Humble Shredder company treated us to a potluck dinner and we got to hang out with people that work for the company.  They provide jobs shredding documents for people with disabilities which is really cool.

After dinner we did some dancing and Karaoke in which I actually sang. I did Billy Joel's Piano Man and it went well even though I couldn't hit any of the high notes.

We then departed back for housing but stopped at walmart to get mascots for our vans. 

Now I am here catching up on videos and then headed to bed


Have a good night

Peace, Love, and Pancakes

White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment