Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 21 Park City, UT to Duchense, UT Gone Tubing!!!!!!

So today we woke up at 5:30 (back to biking and waking up early for a few days)  and checked out of our hotel rooms.  We had breakfast out in the parking lot and had some left overs from breakfast the other day Eggs and potatoes which were good.

We headed out on our 86 mile ride to Duhense.  It was long but pretty decent the first 10 or so miles.  Then we went up a long uphill.  We climbed from 7000ft to 9500 feet with some small decents in there as well.  Over all we did 4600 feet of climbing today which wasnt too bad.  We had a nice decent the rest of the day and made it into town about 120pm.  We setup and changed into our swim suits as we were told we were going to the lake.

We got to the lake and went for a little swim and then came back out to learn a little about the town from the city commissioner.  He brought us a bunch of snacks and water which was really cool.

We hung out for a bit and the guys played some soccer and football and then we were told that we were going to get to go boating/tubing.  We were excited at this and I had never been tubing before.

So I waited and in like 30 mins it was my turn to hop on the boat. I went on with Kyle, Jack, Austin, Jeff, and Sanjeeve.  It was a two person tube and I watched Jeff and Kyle go first. They lasted a while but eventually Kyle wiped and then Jeff shortly after.

I went next with Sanjeeve and we lasted quite a while till I decided to take one of my hands off to wave and woo hoo and I wiped.  Then Jack and Austin went on and they did pretty well but eventually wiped epically together.

I went back out with Jeff and we held on strong till Jeffs foot went in the water and we just flipped.  It was so much fun and I am glad we did it.

After that we went to the park next to the school and we had a nice dinner of ribs, potatoes, chili and other things served to us by the lions club.  It was really good food and after that we took a group picture and headed back to lodging.

We did a team esque type event and then it was time for bed.


Have a good night

Peace, Love, and Tubes
White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment