Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 51 9th Day off. Got to hang out with my sister:)

So we woke up at 7ish and headed out to go to our friendship visit.  Today we were spending time with Envision of Chicago. They are a place that helps out people with mental disabilities.  We spent a few hours hanging out with them. We cut up some watermelons as well as got people on bicycles that had never been on a bike before.  It was pretty neat and was nice to hang out with some cool clients.

We hung out with them for a while. We danced and played with the parachute thing that we played with when we were kids.  After that we headed back to the city for more fun.

Today we were dropped off and most of us started out by going to a restaurant called UB Dogs and getting some food.  I had a chicago dog and a burger.  I invited my sister out and she hung out with us for a bit. We then headed off for at the time we thought was the Aquarium but Kyle, Benny and I didnt want to get bikes so we just hung out with my sister and got a really cool tour of the city.

After the tour we went and got smoothies at the cool walgreens and watched Kyle spend like 20 bucks to print out two emails and fax a piece of paper at a fedex.  Though it was worth it as he got the job that he had applied for.

We then headed back towards the vans and got ready for dinner. We headed down the block to Genos east for dinner. We had some pasta and pizza and hung out with Eric who is a Pi Alpha who did the first team ride in 1988. He was a really cool guy and we were excited that he had come to hang out with us and sponsor our dinner

We then hopped in the vans and headed back to the hotel to get ready for bed.  I was asked to switch and do crew the next day as one of the guys wanted to ride so I got prepared for my day of crewing the next day.  We also arrived back to the hotel to find a crave crate in the lobby:)

Well I need sleep


Peace, Love, and Castles
White "DJ" Doug

1 comment: