Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 33 McCook, NE to Minden, NE I fall down go boom lol

So today we woke up at the usual 5:30 and had breakfast served to us by the ladies of the Memorial United Methodist Church in McCook.  It was really good Eggs/Potatoes/sausage/cheese casserole.

After that we went on an agonizing 97 mile ride from McCook to Minden. I rode with Austin and Steve today and after the initial like 30 miles I crossed wheels with Austin and took a tumble. I scraped up my arms and knee and my bike a little but got back up and rode the rest of the way.

It was a horrible ride as we rode through rolling hills for miles and miles and they just never seemed to end. We climbed 1559ft of rolling hills which is a lot of rolling hills.  So after we powered our way into town and 6.5 hours on the saddle later we rolled in and setup our lodging and such and then worked on the videos a little bit as we have fast internet here so I wanted to catch up on everything.

After that we went out to the local Pizza Hut which sponsored our dinner tonight and  was really nice with a salad bar, pizza, and breadsticks.  We filled up there and then went back to lodging to play some basketball. It was fun to watch everyone play since I am horrible at basketball.

Then I caught up on videos and headed to bed.


Peace, Love, and Gatorades
White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment