Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 26 Breckenridge, CO to Empire, CO Fence 1 Doug 0

So today we woke up at 5:30 but had a little better breakfast. We had bagels and english muffins yay:)

We headed out first today Mike Jones, Sanjeeve and I.  We started out with a lot of downhills until we got to Keystone Pass.  That was about 1000 feet of climbing which wasnt too bad and we had a small downhill after that.  Then we started heading up Loveland Pass.  This was a 2500ft climb over about 8 miles. At the top is the highest freeway pass in the US at 11,990ft.  It was incredible up there and the funniest thing was that they had 4G up there:)

So after the barrage of pictures that were taken up on the pass we went down. It was quite the decent and was a lot of fun. There were a lot of switchback turns so we couldnt get too fast. Not as fast as the Kirkwood decent on day 8 but it was still fun

After that decent we ended up on a bike path that was soo much fun to ride on.  But after a while we ended up on another bike path that had some unexpected construction which caused the bike path to narrow to about a foot and a half wide and I ended up crashing into a fence that was along side it but I got up and back on my bike and just had a few scrapes.  But it still pissed me off

After that we arrived at the Easter Seals Camp in Empire. We hung out for a few hours as our lodging wasnt ready yet. I took a shower and uploaded a few videos. I still have 3 to upload so maybe tomorrow they will all be done..... Hopefully

So after our lodging was opened we moved all of our stuff inside and then went and had dinner with the clients of the camp. It was a nice taco/mexican type dinner and was very good.

After that we went and watched the different cabins perform different skits and such and we performed our dance as well.

Lastly we all caravanned to McDonalds. It was almost 9 miles away. I dont think I have ever driven more than 3 miles to go to a McDonalds before.  We got smoothies since we were all craving shakes and smoothies (this was on us though lol)

Now I am writing my blog

Time for bed


Peace, Love, and Fences
White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment