Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 30 Denver, CO to Ft. Morgan, CO back to the flatlands

So today we woke up at 5:30am and packed everything up to leave the hotel.  We had our breakfast downstairs and then headed out of Denver. It was a long ride today It was about 96 miles to Ft. Morgan and it was long and boring.

Today I rode with Jeremy and Luke and as boring as it was they made it great.  The getting out of the city was fun with lots of turns and then we got to the flat and rolling hills. After a while we got to this nice crappy grooved road that gave us a lot of vibration lol

After that we got to another really crappy road with lots of gravel on it and Luke popped his tire and had to be racked for like 7 miles so he could put a new one on.  He met up with us at lunch and then when we went to leave Jeremy picked up his bike and somehow both of his tires popped. It was a strange day for tires.

Luke and I finished up the day and it was a lot of work but a lot of fun.  We got to Ft. Morgan and then got shuttled to showers and then I got myself a nice hour nap.

For dinner we were treated by the Elk's Club to sloppy joes and beans. It was a great 4th of July Diner and I went and got a nice Milk shake afterward.

Now I am writing the blog and headed to bed.  I would go watch fireworks but I am tired and need sleep

Good Night All


Peace, Love, and Sonics
White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment