Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 44 Davenport, IA to Dubuque, IA Sorry this is late I was without service last night

So today was a crazy day. I woke up at like 5:50 and got all packed up from my hotel room and headed outside. It took us a lot longer to get ready today but we finally got on the road.

Today was supposed to be 85 miles but things didnt go as planned.  We started off cycling me Saruabh and Mike Jones. It was a long hilly day and I made it about 72 miles before we noticed that my back wheel was messed up So I ended up getting racked for the day. I thought at the time damn I was only like 13 miles away but I was so wrong.  Due to construction and everything they had to reroute and they added about 12 miles to the trip so the 85 mile day turned into a 97 mile day in the 100 degree weather that people werent prepared for.  It was pretty crazy but we all got to Albreght Acres one way or another and got to relax in the AC and shower and change.

So after we were all showered and changed we headed out to Dyersville, IA and explored the field of dreams movie site. Some of the guys took pictures of them coming out of the corn like in the movie and while it wasnt the coolest thing I have seen this trip it was pretty neat as we say.

We then headed back to Albrecht Acres and had our dinner which was some kind of pasta and salad and it was good.  We then went to dance mode as we headed inside and the lights were off and the music was blasting and all the campers were dancing their hearts out. A lot of us put on some costumes (I wore a wizards robe) and then we got so hot we took them all off lol.  So we danced for about 90 mins or so and then took pictures and said good bye.  A lot of us went out afterward to hang out with the counselors.

Now its bed time have a good night


Peace, Love, and Dreams
White "DJ" Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment